I have been working hard on my craft since 2004, and I think I have a skill level that shows in my work. I am the do over queen and there are many heads without bodies to suggest that these mistakes drive me to the perfect end. The finished doll always seems to lead to the next doll, one is born out of another. This is why I love making dolls. It is the air I breathe and pretty much defines me. I am a doll maker.

This may sound strange but these bodiless heads and headless bodies speak to me. I have control over the parts and pieces individually, but the position involved in the connection is revealed at the moment the pieces touch one another for the first time. The head moves me to sew it in a certain pose, same with the hands and arms. The whole doll forms itself to be expressive according to its idea of itself.

Monday, August 3, 2009

What Has 6 Heads and No Arms or Legs?

ART
Here are the 6 heads with their necks on and 3 have their fabric skin on. The other white white heads will get their tan on soon.
I plan on doing another series of "Just Heads". These all have the same inspiration as the "Fancy" dolls. "Old World Goth". I have not been selling and I thought maybe having something in my shop at a lower selling point might get some attention.

If I don't start selling, I am going to have to put up more shelves . . . . . .

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Nat...

I love your bodiless heads...Yes shelves are a great investment right now...Glad to see your still making and enjoying your Art though..

Smiles,
Sonia ;)

Abi said...

Heads looking good! Have you tried selling on Ebay? just one on an Auction may highlight your art -there's so much more traffic. I sold my first 2 cloth dolls on ebay auction..

Anonymous said...

Your dolls that is what it is!
You are such a fabulous doll maker.
I can hardly wait to see what becomes of them
Pattee

Micki said...

I love your heads...Your dolls are really exquisite!
Micki

FairiesNest said...

I love having a table full of heads...all those possibilities! They look wonderful! Selling seems slow everywhere these days, I think your idea of a mix of prices is a good one. That's what I've been doing and it seems to help.