I have been working hard on my craft since 2004, and I think I have a skill level that shows in my work. I am the do over queen and there are many heads without bodies to suggest that these mistakes drive me to the perfect end. The finished doll always seems to lead to the next doll, one is born out of another. This is why I love making dolls. It is the air I breathe and pretty much defines me. I am a doll maker.

This may sound strange but these bodiless heads and headless bodies speak to me. I have control over the parts and pieces individually, but the position involved in the connection is revealed at the moment the pieces touch one another for the first time. The head moves me to sew it in a certain pose, same with the hands and arms. The whole doll forms itself to be expressive according to its idea of itself.

Sunday, February 15, 2009

ADO Team Challenge


The New ADO team Challenge is any character from Shakespeare.

This boggles the mind, so much to choose from. My first thought was the complexity of the costumes. Not really sure how to blend my s
tyle with Shakespeare. Suppose that is why this is called a challenge............
I get it now.

I have been wanting to do these pieces that are just doll heads and I thought that the floating head needed something dramatic happening at the neck line. A collar, tie, scarf or something to create curiosity about what was unseen.

Searching through Shakespeare's characters
I came across Anne Boleyn from "Henry VIII". That character is perfect for my doll head series. Anne is still alive at the end of the play, but her enemies have begun to plot her demise.

I give you the head of Anne Boleyn



Hope you will follow my doll's progress
as well as the rest of the ADO Team.
Please follow http://artdollsonly.blogspot.com/
to see our dolls in progress

3 comments:

Sue said...

She's looking great! Will definitely follow the WIP on this one!

Sage Ravenwood said...

What a creative challenge, although nothing about Shakespeare is ever simple. (Hugs)Indigo

pixiesinthehouse said...

That is pretty much how I imagined would go about it! Your Anne is looking great. Can't wait to see your finishes doll head! What a great imagination you have!