I have been working hard on my craft since 2004, and I think I have a skill level that shows in my work. I am the do over queen and there are many heads without bodies to suggest that these mistakes drive me to the perfect end. The finished doll always seems to lead to the next doll, one is born out of another. This is why I love making dolls. It is the air I breathe and pretty much defines me. I am a doll maker.

This may sound strange but these bodiless heads and headless bodies speak to me. I have control over the parts and pieces individually, but the position involved in the connection is revealed at the moment the pieces touch one another for the first time. The head moves me to sew it in a certain pose, same with the hands and arms. The whole doll forms itself to be expressive according to its idea of itself.

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Hard Core Crazy 3 Weeks...................


Ever been so busy that you don't know what day it is and it wouldn't matter anyway because time has no meaning? The 21 days have become one big long blurry day.

I have started a new job as a Food and Beverage Supervisor at a hotel. I have never been so inundated with information and requests and lists and anything someone thinks of, "just give it to the new girl, she'll do it".

It will get better and less hectic. This is my belief. My mantra is "I am in control, I am in control, I am in control".

I hope to see you on the other side........

2 comments:

Barb said...

sounds like you are really busy,starting a new job is always hectic have a wonderful day....Barb

julie said...

I am in control, I am in control...good mantra however I often wonder if any of us are in control :) What often helps me the most is remembering to breathe deeply and let it go..sounds funny but when I'm stressed or anxious I forget to breathe....Thank you for coming over and visiting my blog and for signing on as a follower, I do love your dolls...julie