I have been working hard on my craft since 2004, and I think I have a skill level that shows in my work. I am the do over queen and there are many heads without bodies to suggest that these mistakes drive me to the perfect end. The finished doll always seems to lead to the next doll, one is born out of another. This is why I love making dolls. It is the air I breathe and pretty much defines me. I am a doll maker.

This may sound strange but these bodiless heads and headless bodies speak to me. I have control over the parts and pieces individually, but the position involved in the connection is revealed at the moment the pieces touch one another for the first time. The head moves me to sew it in a certain pose, same with the hands and arms. The whole doll forms itself to be expressive according to its idea of itself.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Curvaceous



When a doll has such wonderful curves, she might as well show them off! I think adding a couple of extra curves up top has given this doll some fantastic appeal.

Her striped top is accentuated with a long brown scarf that has a pink stitch. She has a great brown leather belt, form fitting black pants and always chunky shoes.


What else could I title her but
"My Tight Striped Shirt"





She is on sale now at my Etsy store

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5271522

6 comments:

Chicken Lips said...

Love her - that gal sure knows how to dress! Very stylish!

Unknown said...

She is fabulous...a real woman with curves...clap clap clap

Smiles,

Sonia ;)

Unknown said...

Wow! I love her curves! Your work is so amazing, always impresses me. :)

Sue said...

Nat, I LOVE the curves! Rock it baby!

pixiesinthehouse said...

She turned out really sweet! Great job as always...

Sage Ravenwood said...

She came out great hon! I love the curves! (Hugs)Indigo